Setting up commerce is an investment in time, personnel, and resources. The value obtained by choosing Shoppable® is multifold. Learn the benefits of not settling for traditional affiliate marketing or attempting to tackle Direct-to-Consumer (DTC), but, instead, utilizing Shoppable’s cutting-edge Universal Checkout technology. The difference between these options is simple to evaluate.
Let’s start with having access to PII and order data by being able to track actual sales, unlike affiliate vendors (who can only tally clicks to a linked-off retailer site, where consumers may, or may not, have purchased your products). Then, offering a better, more seamless, shopper experience. Checkout is completed within your online media. Unlike affiliate vendors’ platforms, there is no link-off and no extra steps. And, lastly, the cost-efficiencies gained by upgrading your affiliate checkout technology with Shoppable's Commerce Suite (as compared to going full DTC, which requires a huge outlay in warehouse inventory management, pick and ship, PCI compliance, and customer service staffing).
Shoppable® provides all of the advantages of standard affiliate (easy to set up and maintain) and DTC solutions (obtaining your actual customer order data and analytics) with none of the disadvantages and costs. Here, are some other significant Shoppable® metrics:
- Increase in sales revenue. Reducing friction throughout the customer journey pays off. Research and statistics show that Shoppable’s multi-retailer and multi-product checkout results in higher conversion, lower cart abandonment rates, and increased sales.
- Marketing campaign performance improvements from first-party data. With Google depreciating cookies, first-party customer order data is the only game in town. It is also more accurate and relevant than the information compiled from third-party cookies. Getting to know your customers and their shopping behaviors is key in marketing. You can create segmented and look-alike audiences for highly targeted and personalized campaigns that produce better results.
- Marketing and advertising budget cost-savings. Since your Shoppboard data and analytics is gathered in near real-time, 24-7, pivoting mid-campaign to allocate funds toward your top-generating products, traffic sources, creative media/content, and retailers can quickly be facilitated. Make decisions based on data, not guesswork. Your future spend is maximized.
- Internet traffic retention. You’ve gone to great expense to drive traffic to your media. You’ve optimized for search engines, paid for keywords, have great content written, and maintained social media profiles; your traffic should be yours to keep. Unlike old-school affiliate platforms, with Shoppable® your traffic is not linked-off to a retailer site. Your users remain engaged within your branded media experience and are able to shop at their point of inspiration.
- Email opt-in rate improves. Your shoppers can opt-in, consenting to share their email addresses (a marketing lifetime value!) within your shopping cart. This vastly outperforms opt-ins that are collected on a standard website (the national average per Sumo, a provider of email marketing services, is 1.95% for websites, while the average for emails collected via Shoppable’s checkout is 34.06%). You’re able to remarket and upsell as well as share product updates, newsletters, coupon codes, and other promotions such as contests and sweepstakes.
- Optimize retailer relationships. With your PII data for each order, you can analyze where your shoppers are purchasing. You’ll know which merchants are responsible for orders and better understand the pricing and inventory for your products. This can help your sales team to negotiate deals and make certain that your distributors are maintaining inventory availability. It can assist as well in determining the retailers best suited for co-purchased media spends.
- Customer clicks are reduced. Studies have shown that every additional step that a customer takes decreases the odds of an order being completed. Additionally, wishing to comparison shop (when presented with a single retailer) is another top reason for cart abandonment. With stock availability and default best price/shipping rate shown up-front, Universal Checkout can further present multiple products and multiple merchants (with their pricing, shipping costs, and free shipping thresholds compiled into a single shopping cart). Customers never have to bounce from site to site to buy multiple products. They can continue shopping in the same cart--not have to enter their shipping and billing info, again and again. It is the ultimate in shopper convenience. This is what savvy online shoppers demand.
Interested in learning more? Schedule your personal product demonstration!